1. If you have a warm up that needs rhinestones fixed please contact Tammy
2. Please do not post our routines online unless it is a private ace page. If you have it up please take it down.
3. Level 1-3 may have an added practice next weekend once we see the Live schedule. Please write down schedule conflicts for friday and saturday and give them to Shelly on paper on wednesday or thursday.
4. Levels 4-5 will get their practice schedule for the next 2 weekends ASAP
- I was so proud of all our teams this weekend. Way to go Aces!
Due to the advisory and low temperatures there will be no practices at Tumbleweeds tonight.
**** Everyone is going to Kalahari. ***
The following is for levels 2-5 (sent in the email with the schedule):
The following was stated in the Aces’ Handbook: Our schedule will have 6-7 local competitions (Local competitions are within 1.5 hour drive.), and one national competition within driving distance this year. Competitions run from November through March/April. If any of our teams qualify for U.S. Finals with a partially paid or full paid bid, we will consider taking those teams to the U.S. Finals. The competition would be within driving distance, and this would be in addition to our national competition.
U.S. Finals is an end of the year event aimed at giving teams a chance to see where they rank against other teams in their respective divisions from coast to coast. There are seven different U.S. Final events across the country. They do rank the teams at each event and award places. Then, after all events have taken place, they post overall rankings online.
We are trying to get a bid to Indianapolis because it is within driving distance. U.S. Finals is organized by Jamfest and other large independent companies. The competition is at the Convention Center in Indianapolis.
Upon further investigation of the U.S. Finals, I have learned that you can receive different levels of bids at qualifying events. Some events give out one free “paid bid”. You may also receive a bid if you place first, second or third. Then, your registration would depend on how you placed. ($59 for first, $79 for second, and $89 for third) If we receive an “open bid” (for any places 4th and up) , the cost is $119 per athlete. There is a $100 processing fee per team, so we would need to divide that among the members of the team in addition. Honestly, these prices are all reasonable for such a large, two day competition. (This does not include hotel. This is just the registration fee for each participant.)
In the handbook it also states that the only other additional fees would be your nationals’ registration and U.S. Finals (should your child’s team get a bid). At this time, the nationals’ registration fee for Kalahari registration is covered in your competition fee. (This does not include lodging should you decide to stay because it is only a one day event.)
Since we will not know for sure about the bids, we suggest that you reserve the hotel room in Indianapolis. You can cancel if your child’s team does not receive a bid. (Don’t forget to cancel!) We will look to see the group rates they offer through the event.
Due to this information, and the information about the bids, I want all level 2 through 5 teams to try to get that bid to U.S. Finals. If not, then the final competition for that team would be Kalahari! (Still a good way to end the season!)
Please note: Tuition payments will still need to be paid up until the event. You may use money in your ACB account to help with these costs.
GOOD LUCK TO ALL OUR ACE TEAMS THIS SEASON!!!
Rooming Information – Kalahari
Call Reservations – 1877-525-2427 ask for MCD Open Nationals Block
- You do not need to stay at Kalahari in order to compete. It is recommended because the competition is held right at the convention/hotel. If you choose to stay at Kalahari we have a block of rooms most rooms are for 4 people and include water park passes. There are some rooms that can sleep more but there is an additional charge. Please direct all of those questions directly to the Kalahari Resorts when you make your reservation. To get the discounted room price you must book by Feb. 18,2015. After that day or if the block is sold out before that Kalahari reserves the right not to offer any more rooms at the discounted rate.
Indianapolis – Info to come.
The U.S. Finals Indianapolis 2015
Team Access Code: TUFAAS488
Deadline to Book: December 1ST, 2014
Details: Arcadia Aces have 70 double rooms blocked at the Embassy Suites Indianapolis Downtown Hotel.
We will also have a Special Needs Team!
Special Needs “Hearts” NEW SEASON!
All ages and abilities are welcome! We will work on cheerleading skills, balance and physical fitness! If you are interested, please e-mail Shelly at email@example.com. We look forward to seeing you all then! GO ACES!