This competition also has a parking garage that is a bit of a walk to the venue. Please leave time for parking and walking to the competition!
Please read the links below, especially the parent information.
Here are your report times:
|TEAM||Team Mom||Warm Up||Perform|
|Junior Hip Hop||7:45||8:17||8:42|
- Great job to ALL our teams at the Pitt Competition!!! In addition to some GREAT performances, I was so proud that our program won the Sportsmanship Award! WAY TO GO, ACES!!!
- Here is the added practice schedule. These practices are MANDATORY.
Friday, March 7th at Tumbleweeds
Junior 4 – 4-5:45 (Please get there as soon as you can.)
Senior 2 – 5:30-6:45
Youth 1 and Mini Prep – 6:30-7:45
Sunday, March 9th
Junior 4 – if needed, early- TBA
Mini 2 – 12:45-2:15 at Tumbleweeds
Youth 2 – 2:30-4:15 at Arcadia
Senior 3 – 4-5:45 at Arcadia
Senior 4 – 5:30-8 at Arcadia
Senior 2 – 7:30-8:30 at Arcadia (if needed)
Monday, March 10th
*Open Gym for levels 3 and 4 – 4:15-5 at Tumbleweeds
Tuesday, March 18th – Practices for Mini 2, Youth 2, Senior 2, Senior 3 and Junior 4: Times TBA depending on how we do this weekend, and how much practice is needed.
Wednesday, March 19th – Senior 4 – right after school at Arcadia
- Saturday’s competition is the GLCC One Day National at California University. We will post the schedule and report times Wednesday when they post the final schedule. They have a tentative schedule on their website now.
- We will be posting information regarding new tumbling classes and the new season ASAP! We will also give you the information regarding the banquet!
- Youth 1 will NOT have tumbling/practice on the 13th. We will have regular practice on Monday the 17th. There will be added practice the last weekend of the month to get ready for Cleveland!
- Mini Prep and Pee Wees will still have practice on the 12th.
- Hearts will NOT practice on the 13th.
- DISNEY INFO:
*ALL TEAMS will practice Friday, March 14th at the All Star Resort. (Team Moms will send a text with the exact location of practice.) We will wear the black shorts with the red sparkle spade that we had in the summer, and the new Disney shirts with the Mickey or Minnie head on it. (If it is raining, we may NOT get to practice unless we can find an indoor facility. Again, we will keep you posted through your Team Mom.)
5:30-7 – Mini 2, Senior 3, Senior 2
6:30-8 – Youth 2, Senior 4, Junior 4, Hearts
***We will have Disney Parent Meetings at the following times: (You only need to come to one.)
- Friday the 7th at 5:45 at Tumbleweeds
- Sunday the 9th at 5:30 at Arcadia
- Monday the 10th at 6:30 at Tumbleweeds
Junior Hip Hop News
- Hip Hop will attend the Cheersport Grand Championship in Cleveland on April 5, 2014. Parents will NOT need to pay the registration fee. (We have enough left to cover it.) It is your choice to drive it in one day or get a hotel. (I am still waiting to hear on the reschedule from December 14th.)
2. Due to the fact that we have two varsity cheerleaders on our team, and it is basketball season, we had to modify the schedule for January and the first week of February. Here is the modified schedule.
January 7 – regular practice
Sunday, January 12th – 6:15-7:30 at Tumbleweeds
Tuesday, January 14th – no regular practice (open gym if you choose to come)
Tuesday, January 21st – regular practice
Sunday, January 26th – competition at North Hills High School
Tuesday, January 28th – regular practice
Sunday, February 2nd – 6:15-7:30 at Tumbleweeds
Tuesday, February, 4th – no regular practice (open gym if you choose to come)
Saturday, February 8th – added practice – Time TBA
February 9th- Competition at Convention Center
We will be back to the regular practice schedule after the February 9th competition. Here are the remaining competitions. (with the exception of the reschedule from December 14th)
-February 16th at West Mifflin High School (They changes the venue.)
-March 2nd – Convention Center of Pitt
-March 8th – California University
-April 5th Cleveland
3. We are so proud of this team. As you saw at the first competition, they are awesome! They have been working so hard, and we can’t wait to see how they perform at the upcoming competitions!!
Remaining Competition Schedule
February 16th – West Mifflin High School (They changed the venue.) (ALL teams)
March 2nd – Convention Center or Peterson Events Center (All teams)
March 8th – California University (All teams except Pee Wees and Hearts)
March 15-16 – Nationals for Levels 2-4
April 5th – Cheersport Grand Championship in Cleveland, OH at Cleveland State University. This is a one day championship. (All Hip Hop and Youth Level 1) (Mini Prep TBA) PLEASE NOTE: Hip Hop and Youth Level 1 teams WILL NOT have to pay an additional registration fee for this competition. We have enough left over to cover the registration fee from the competition we did not attend on December 7th.)
*We are also still waiting to hear of rescheduled competition for hip hop.
Disney customer number – 80883500
Congratulations to all of your Level 2-4 teams on winning bids to Disney! I’m sure you are filled with excitement but questions, as well. Please read through all of the information in the following links THOROUGHLY!
The 2014 Championship will be held March 15 – 16 at the Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Florida. Link to UCA main page about this event – CLICK HERE
Digital publication covering all of the travel package information and FAQ’s – CLICK HERE
Pricing information – CLICK HERE
Registration MUST BE COMPLETE by January 8th!! This is done online by each competitor and very important!
Balances must be paid by February 12th!! This is also an important deadline!
Please try to plan extended trips for AFTER the competition because we still need to practice the week before. All teams will practice Tuesday the 11th or Wednesday the 12th. You can leave for FL Thursday or Friday. Every team will have practice FRIDAY evening at the All Star Resort (even if you are not staying at the resort, practice is mandatory and you must find a ride to this practice).
Each person is responsible for their own booking of flights, rooms and packages!